Exciting opportunities at The Vegan Society!
Bring The Vegan Society and veganism to a wider audience...
We have no paid vacancies at this time. Speculative enquiries are welcome from individuals, but not from agencies.
Can you offer your skills as a volunteer? Do you have specialist skills, such as graphic design, journalism or vegan recipe writing? Please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you could help. Want your region to be more vegan-friendly? Link up with other vegans near you online, via local vegan-friendly shops and cafes, or through The Vegan magazine. If you are in the UK or Eire, please contact your nearest Vegan Society Local Contact or Group to get involved and find out more.
The Vegan Society is working towards a world in which humans do not exploit other animals, and we need your help.
There are many ways in which you can volunteer with us,
ranging from more active roles to roles you can carry out from the comfort of
Benefits of volunteering include:
- It’s fun!
- It looks good on your CV and gives you more experience
- You gain valuable skills and increase your confidence
- You feel a sense of achievement and know that you are part of something important
- You meet other like-minded people and make new
- You get the opportunity to give back and to have your voice heard
- You are being active in contributing to creating a vegan world
Volunteer Roles with The Vegan Society
There are many varying volunteer roles which can be tailored
to you and your own situations. Browse below to discover a rewarding role to
New website project volunteers
Got skills in web development, design or copywriting?
Let us know your skills and put your experience to good use with The Vegan Society
Local and Group Contacts
If you have been a member of The Vegan Society for 6 months
or more, you can become a Local or Group Contact
Local and Group Contacts:
- Are the first point-of-contact for those
enquiring about veganism or about being vegan in their area
- Support people who contact them asking questions
or seeking advice
- Promote The Vegan Society
We also support Contacts to positively contribute to the
public perception of veganism by taking part in vegan outreach. Contacts are
- Talk to their local media about veganism
- Hold outreach stalls
- Network with other vegans in the area and start
- Organise local outreach events with the support
of other vegans in the area
If you live local to Birmingham, and think you can spare
even a few hours a week, we’d love to hear from you.
- You don’t need to have had any previous
involvement in an office environment
- We will support you in your role, showing you
how to do the tasks and answering your questions
- You will gain valuable office experience and
inside knowledge of how a small charity operates on a day-to-day basis
The tasks office volunteers help with vary constantly, but
- Packaging and posting out literature for the
many leaflet requests we receive on a weekly basis
- Making up membership packs for new members
- Packaging and posting orders from the web-shop
- Typing up information from questionnaires
- Helping with specific projects
- Scanning, photocopying, printing information
- Helping us prepare for events
To volunteer in the office, or to ask for more information,
please email email@example.com
The Vegan Society has such a successful and well-known
Pledge scheme because of the supportive and helpful Pledge Mentors who make
taking the Pledge a great experience. If you would like to mentor people who
are taking the Vegan Pledge, sign up.
- Are put in touch with people who are taking the
Pledge, usually via email
- Support the pledgees by answering any questions
and offering advice on veganism, vegan products, shopping, eating out etc.
Volunteer using your own talents
The Vegan Society is always
working on tasks and activities which could benefit from the help of knowledgeable
volunteers. Utilise your knowledge, skills and experience to volunteer with us
by contributing to exciting projects from the comfort of your own home.
Example volunteer roles using your
skills and experience could range from:
- Article writing for
- Graphic design
- Fundraising… the list
If you have a skill or are
knowledgeable in a certain field then we’d appreciate your help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Work placements and Internships
The Vegan Society has
opportunities for students or recent graduates to complete Work Placements or
Internships in our office in Birmingham. These opportunities allow the
volunteer to work towards their career and learn more about how The Vegan
Society operates. If you are required to do an internship as part of your
degree, or are looking for work experience in a particular area related to The
Vegan Society, please email email@example.com for more information.
Back to top.