Menu ideas: Breakfast
Many cereals and muesli are suitable for vegans, e.g. Kellogg's Frosties, Rice Krispies and Weetabix. Please note that ingredients do change so it is best to check with the company if you are uncertain.
The full breakfast
Serve any of the following:
- vegan rashers or sausages, falafels, bean- or nut-burgers, grilled Nuttolene, tempeh slices
- fried mushrooms, sliced tomatoes, fried green tomatoes
- potato wedges, potato waffles, bubble and squeak, potato cakes
- baked beans, scrambled tofu
- toast, crumpets with vegan cream cheese
For an American-style breakfast try sweet pancakes topped with maple syrup, chocolate sauce or sugar and lemon juice.
Fruit is a popular part of a healthy breakfast so ensure you have some available. Serve fruit salad with soya yoghurt and/or a handful of nuts. Alternatively turn the fruit into a delicious and nutritious fruit smoothie, using banana as a base to help make it thick and creamy.
The acidity of coffee may cause soya milk to curdle. This can be avoided by heating the milk and allowing the coffee to cool slightly before adding the milk.
Another remedy is to pour a lot of milk in quickly, stirring all the time.