Lime and Coconut Cheesecake
9 oz (250g) vegan ginger biscuits
2 dssp vegetable oil
5 oz (145g) block creamed coconut
12 oz (350g) firm silken tofu
2 1/2 oz (70g) caster sugar
Coconut shavings and lime slices to decorate - optional
1. Break the biscuits to fine crumbs using a blender (or plastic bag and rolling pin).
2. In a saucepan place vegetable oil and 45g/1 1/2 oz of the creamed coconut. Heat gently, stirring continuously, until the coconut has melted.
3. Take off the heat and add the crushed ginger biscuits. Mix well and transfer to a lightly oiled 7-inch cake tin with a spring bottom. Press down firmly and leave to cool in a fridge.
4. Using the saucepan again, add the juice and pulp of the two limes and the rest of the creamed coconut. Heat gently until the coconut has melted.
5. Transfer to a blender and add the tofu, avocado and sugar. Whizz until well blended and smooth.
6. Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and pour the tofu mix into the tin. Decorate with coconut shavings and lime slices. Place in the fridge to set approx 3 hours.