Stuffed Baked Courgettes with Cashew Nuts and Wild Rice
2oz (55g) wild rice
4 large courgettes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
2oz (55g) carrot, grated
1 1/2 oz (45g) cashew nuts, lightly toasted
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Cut the courgettes in half lengthways. Remove the flesh, leaving about half a centimetre. Chop the flesh and set aside.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and add the onions and red pepper.
Cook gently for about ten minutes until the onion is starting to brown.
Add the garlic, chopped courgette flesh and carrots and cook for a
further few minutes.
4. Remove the pan and add cashew nuts, rice, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into the courgette shells.
5. Cover and place on a baking tray. Cook in a preheated oven at 190C/375F/gas mark 5 for 25-30 minutes. Serves 4.