Vegan Cheese and Spinach Pie
14 oz (400g) spinach, tinned or fresh
4oz (115g) tofu, crumbled
1 dssp vegetable bouillon
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
5 oz (150g) mushrooms, sliced
5 oz (150g) sweetcorn
1/2 pkt vegan cheese, grated
13 oz (375g) vegan puff pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/gas mark 6.
2. Prepare the spinach. If using tinned spinach, drain the spinach
really thoroughly, squeezing the water out. If using fresh spinach,
wash thoroughly and steam for 2 minutes. Place in a bowl and knead the
tofu and veg bouillon into the spinach with your hands (do not use a
processor). The tofu should end up as small flecks.
3. Fry the onion for a few minutes in the oil until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
4. Roll 1 lb 2 oz/500g of the puff pastry to fit a fairly large pie
dish. It should go up the sides as well. Then in layers - and in the
following order - place the spinach mix, sweetcorn (which can be fresh,
tinned or frozen) and mushroom mix. Finish off with the grated cheese.
5. Roll the remaining pastry so that it fits the top. Moisten with
water around the edges so it sticks to the bottom pastry. Pierce some
holes into the pastry with a fork. Bake for about 30 minutes or until
fairly well browned. Serves 4.