Wish it were easier? Get more vegan products labelled!
Imagine being able to pick up any product and immediately tell from the label if it’s suitable for vegans.
So many products are already labelled ‘vegetarian’, especially food products. Why not ‘vegan’ too?
Here’s how you can help make it happen.
• Send a polite email to companies whose products you’ve bought recently (or whose products you didn’t buy because you couldn’t tell if they were vegan or not).
• Ask them to label their vegan-suitable products on the packaging, for example with the Vegan Society Trademark.
These are the main points to tell companies:
• As a vegan customer, I am more likely to buy products which are clearly labelled as suitable for me. So are my friends and family who buy or cook for me.
• A ‘vegan’ label means the product attracts lots of customers in addition to vegans and their friends and families. This includes vegetarians, lacto-vegetarians (who do not eat eggs), and those who avoid animal products for religious reasons.
• A ‘vegan’ label also shows that it is suitable for the many customers who seek non-animal tested products, such as ‘cruelty-free’ cosmetics.
• The Vegan Society can check your products and their ingredients for you, and register them as being suitable for vegans (free from animal ingredients and animal testing). This also entitles you to display the Vegan Society’s trusted Sunflower logo on your products, to give customers extra confidence that your products are suitable for them. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.