The Autumn 2009 issue of The Vegan magazine is out now!
The quarterly magazine of The Vegan Society is gearing up for World
Vegan Day 2009 on Sunday 1 November, when we celebrate 65 years in
- The V-Bites launch party: reporting back from Heather Mills' new vegan restaurant in Hove
- The first ever UK Veggie Pride, plus reports from Veggie Pride events in France, Italy and the Czech Republic
- The launch of our Global Food Security project, including an article on draught animals
- Rising young UK politician, Adrian Ramsay, speaks about animal issues in politics and his favourite vegan treats.
- Obituary of outstanding vegan campaigner, Pat Griffin
- The Vegan Pledge: how our mentors are helping scores of people to explore the delights of vegan cuisine
- An update from Real Ale for All, campaigning for beers made without fish, milk and egg
- Vegan products: delicious new honey alternatives, pomegranate wines, fashion shoes, cosmetics and much more
- Plus more news from The Vegan Society, from around the UK and from around the world
forget our other regular items: The Vegan Discount Card, recipes,
reviews, vegan gardening tips, youth and student pages, Megan the
Vegan, vegan nutrition news, prize crosswords, events listings, details
of UK and international vegan contacts, feature and classified
advertisements and more.
Write to The Editor or email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you think, and watch our Postbag for selected letters.
Notes for Editors
Founded in 1944, The Vegan Society promotes vegan lifestyles – which
exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of
exploitation of animals for food, clothing and any other purpose.
Registered Charity No 279228, Company Registration No 1468880, VAT
Registration No 448 5973 95