The Vegan Society Awards 2011
The Vegan Society Awards 2011 are now open for nominations !
Delicious food, refreshing drinks, and sparkling arrays of fashion and utility products are competiting for the honours.
The Vegan Society Awards 2011 will recognize the best planet-kind, animal-friendly plant-based products and services from around the world in the past year.
The Vegan Achievement Award 2011 will also celebrate outstanding contributions to advancing veganism.
Vegan Society CEO Nigel Winter says, "Good vegan dishes have a wide appeal. So caterers can use vegan food and drink to satisfy a larger and more diverse clientele. Customers are also seeking top quality plant-based products in every other category, from fashion and cosmetics, to household cleaning. The Vegan Society Awards will celebrate and reward those companies who are rising to these challenges from customers. The Vegan Achievement Award will pay tribute to those who are sharing the benefits of vegan lifestyles for humans, other animals and the planet. "
You can nominate your favourite products, services and companies in eight categories:
- Best Vegan Society Trademarked Food Product
- Best Vegan Society Trademarked Drink
- Best Vegan Society Trademarked Non-Food Product (including cosmetics, toiletries, shoes, clothing, household products, services)
- Best vegan non-Trademarked Product
- Best Vegan Commercial Caterer (including restaurants, pubs, cafes, hotels, contract or event caterers)
- Best Vegan Care Caterer (including hospitals, care homes, meals on wheels providers, lunch clubs)
- Best Vegan Catering in Education (including schools, universities, colleges, youth clubs)
- Best Retailer of Vegan Products
Companies can seek nominations for The Vegan Society Awards 2011 from satisfied customers throughout summer 2011. Nominations are open online from Wednesday 1 June 2011, until Wednesday 31 August 2011. For those without Web access, call our offices: +44 (0)121 523 1735/6 to make your nominations.
The Vegan Society Awards will be made for World Vegan Day, Tuesday 1 November 2011.
Media Contact: Amanda Baker - Mobile: (07847) 664 793 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: (0121) 523 1737 direct line.
Notes for Editors
- Founded in 1944, The Vegan Society promotes vegan lifestyles - which exclude, as far as is possible and practical, all forms of exploitation of animals for food, clothing or any other purpose. Registered Charity No. 279228, Company Registration No. 1468880 Registered in England & Wales, VAT Registration No. 448 5973 95