The perfect accompaniment to your nut roast. Also great with mashed potatoes, mock turkey, pie....the possibilities are endless.
- 1 3/4 pints / 1 litre soya milk
- 3 1/2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 tbsp bouillon powder
- 6 oz / 170g red currant jelly
- Splash tamari
- Splash vegan Worcester sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar, or to taste
- 5 fl oz / 150 ml vegan red wine
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp yeast extract, or to taste
- In a jar (with lid on) shake the flour with some of the milk to make a lump free mixture.
- Gently heat the rest of the milk in a pan.
- Add the flour mixture and bouillon powder and stir with whisk to avoid lumps - simmer for a couple of minutes to get rid of the flour taste.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer gently for about 10 minutes stirring regularly.