A Christmas classic - vegan style.
- 7 oz / 200g onions, finely chopped
- 2 oz / 50g vegan margarine
- 1 tsp sage, chopped - fresh if possible
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz / 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp yeast extract melted in a little water to bind
- Gently fry the onions in the margarine until golden brown, then add the sage, seasoning and breadcrumbs.
- Bind with the yeast extract and water, then roll into small balls.
- Brush with a little oil and bake for 20 minutes at 200C/400C/gas mark 6.
- Alternatively, place in roast potato tin for last 20 minutes of their cooking time.