No celebration dinner would be complete without the roasties. Serves 4-6.
- 2 lb / 900g potatoes, chopped to size
- 2 tsp mustard
- 4 tbsp rapeseed or other vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsps soya sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400C/gas mark 6.
- Boil enough water in a pan to cover the potatoes and boil them for ten minutes. Drain out the water then place the lid on the pan and shake up and down a few times - this will make the potatoes more fluffy.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and place in a suitable sized baking tray. Put the baking tray in the preheated oven for a few minutes to get the oil hot.
- Remove and add the potatoes, basting them in the oil. Place back in the oven until cooked, brown and crispy, around 45-60 minutes.