Perfect for Hogmanay, Burns' Night, St Andrew's day...in fact it might be time to invent a few more excuses to make this. Scotland day? Shortbread appreciation day? Braveheart day? Suggestions welcome!
- 8 oz plain flour
- 4 oz cornflour
- 4 oz icing sugar
- 8 oz vegan margarine
- Sprinkle of fine caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Sieve plain flour, cornflour and icing sugar into a bowl.
- Rub in margarine until you have a breadcrumb consistency.
- Knead to form a stiff dough.
- Press dough on to an oiled baking tray in a layer about 1/2 inch deep.
- Prick all over and cut into triangular sections.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until light golden brown.
- Re-cut the sections and sprinkle with caster sugar.