Tofu is so extremely versatile. The smoked variety has a gorgeous taste and the crumbly texture goes wonderfully with the tomatoes in this recipe.
Serves 4 as side salad
- 2 handfuls of leaf spinach
- 2 oz / 55g smoked tofu, finely crumbled
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 very small clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vegan red wine vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thoroughly wash and then finely chop the spinach. Place in salad bowl. To this add the smoked tofu and the cherry tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, mix the garlic, olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the dressing on to the spinach, smoked tofu and tomatoes. Toss and serve.