This soup is decadent and creamy, yet light. Grab some chunks of baguette for dipping and you have yourself a tasty, warming lunch.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 corn cobs, corn trimmed off
- 16 floz / 450ml vegetable stock
- Seasoning to taste
- 16 floz / 450ml soya milk
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Fry the onion gently in the vegetable oil until it starts to soften and become transparent.
- Add the corn and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season and reduce the heat, simmering until the corn is cooked.
- Add the soya milk and blend for a few seconds only, to retain some of the crunch from the sweetcorn.
- Reheat gently. Take off the heat and stir in the parsley.