Communications and Supporter Services Manager
Our busy Communications Team needs a manager to supervise their workload, manage the retention and recruitment of members, plan our attendance at major consumer shows across the UK and together with the Head of Communications ensure effective external and internal communications.
The role will call for considerable involvement in day to day operational and management issues within the department, as well as involvement with media requests, engagement with external organisations and individuals to maximise The Vegan Society's brand awareness and event coordination.
This role is one of first-line management and will call for a close relationship with and support for the Senior Management Team's work.
As Communications and Supporter Services Manager you will:
- Line manage members of the Communications and Supporter Services teams: conducting 1-1s, signing off leave and appraisals.
- Plan projects and work, and provide support to staff within the department with their work planning.
- Provide regular reports on progress in the department to the Head of Communications.
- Lead on staff-run events at vegan and plant-based consumer shows, managing negotiations and the booking process.
- Lead on, project plan and deliver attendance at consumer events including the production of professionally presented exhibition stands.
- Act as a spokesperson for The Vegan Society for broadcast media as required.
- Liaise with the Campaigns Manager and the Business Development Marketing Manager to support their media and PR strategies.
- Project manage the implementation of the society's new CRM with the selected supplier during 2021 and support the Senior Supporter Services Coordinator with the implementation and testing of the CRM ensuring that the society keeps to timescales and budgets.
- Maintain organisational engagement with partners, supporters and high-level (celebrity) supporters.
To be considered as our Communications and Supporter Services Manager you must have:
- Demonstrable team management skills.
- A very high standard of literacy with good all-round writing skills and excellent proofreading skills.
- Good project planning experience.
- Good understanding of the full spectrum of marketing communications with expertise in marketing and PR.
- Events management experience.
- To be willing to adhere to a vegan lifestyle for the duration of your employment.
Please note: The role is typically an office-based role, however remote working will be in place until social distancing measures are relaxed/removed. After these restrictions are eased a flexible work schedule could be considered but you would need to live within commuting distance of Birmingham.
Salary and Hours
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary of £27,741 – £39,880 per annum.
How to Apply
- Fill out the application form: docx or pdf.
- Fill out our Equality and Diversity Monitoring form.
- Return the completed application form to [email protected].
The application deadline is 9am Monday 15 February 2021
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 22 February 2021
CVs cannot be accepted. No agencies.
To discuss this job role please email [email protected].