Digital Communications Manager
The Digital Communications Manager will provide support to the Head of Communications as well as team leadership and direction to the Digital Communications team.
The role will call for considerable involvement in day to day operational and management issues within the Communications Department, as well as engagement with external organisations and digital agencies to maximise The Vegan Society’s brand awareness.
This role is one of first-line management and will call for a close relationship with and support for the Senior Management Team’s work.
As Digital Communications Manager you will:
- Line manage members of the Digital Communications Team: conducting 1-1s, signing off leave, appraisals and supporting staff with their training and development plans.
- Project manage larger digital and web-based projects for the Communications department.
- Generate awareness of the society and its campaigns, and drive traffic to digital activities through online marketing and communications.
- Develop strategies, tools and applications to increase supporter and business conversion, engagement and retention, using a thorough understanding of our audience.
- Collate data from various sources across Digital Communications, and supplement that data with relevant research, producing detailed reports.
To be considered as our Digital Communications Manager you must have:
- Demonstrable team management skills and experience.
- A very high standard of literacy with good all-round writing and proofreading skills.
- Good project planning experience.
- Good understanding of the full spectrum of marketing communications with digital marketing expertise.
- Experience of programmatic advertising would be an advantage.
Please note: The role is typically an office-based role, however remote working will be in place until social distancing measures are relaxed/removed. After these restrictions are eased a flexible work schedule could be considered but you would need to live within commuting distance of Birmingham.
Salary and Hours
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary of £27,741 – £39,880 per annum.
How to Apply
- Fill out the application form: docx or pdf.
- Fill out our Equality and Diversity Monitoring form.
- Return the completed application form to [email protected].
The application deadline is 9am Monday 15 February 2021
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 22 February 2021
CVs cannot be accepted. No agencies.
To discuss this job role please email [email protected].