Crème brûlée generates 1.2 times more CO2e than apple and raspberry crumble, and buttery fruit crumble generates 1.4 times more CO2e .
From The Goodfood Goddess
- 6 eating apples
- ¾ cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Peel and core the apples. Slice the peeled apples into very thin slivers
- Add the sliced apples, apple juice and cinnamon to a saucepan.
- Gently boil the apples for 6-8 minutes by which time they should be tender but not mushy.
- Drain the apples and spread them out on your crumble dish.
- Scatter the raspberries over the apples and set aside.
- To make the crumble topping place the oats, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla in a blender and pulse until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Spread your crumble mixture evenly over the fruit layer.
- Place the crumble in a preheated oven at 170 C for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving (if you can wait that long!)