Great food, quick. Serves 3-4: remember to save the leftovers and fridge/freeze them for later.
- 170g white rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 350ml stock (hot water and a stock cube)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika (more if you like spicy food!)
- 1 cup (150g) of frozen peas
- 1 cup (175g) frozen sweetcorn
- 1 can of white beans
- Finely chop the onion. Add to the pan with the beans, oil, paprika and garlic.
- Add the rice and stir until the rice is coated in oil.
- Add the stock, let it bubble, then stir.
- Put the lid on the pan, turn it down low and leave for 15 mins.
- By this time the rice should have absorbed the liquid and be soft and fluffy.
- Add the peas and sweetcorn, cook for 5 mins until the frozen veg is heated through.