For something a little different why not give this green tea and hazelnut ice cream a try? Don't worry if you're not normally a fan of green tea, the flavour here is very subtle and goes brilliantly with the earthiness of the hazelnuts.
- 400ml (14 fl oz) canned coconut milk
- 200g (7 oz) creamed coconut
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 3 tsp green tea powder
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) roast hazelnuts, chopped
- Place the coconut milk and creamed coconut in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir continuously, until both ingredients have blended together.
- Whisk in the sugar and green tea powder. Stir in the chopped hazelnuts and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to an ice-cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Alternatively, pour the cooled mixture into a shallow freezerproof container and place in the freezer. Leave to freeze until not quite set, then remove from the freezer, stir and freeze again until firm. Store in the freezer until required.
Recipe from Vegan: 100 Everyday Recipes, part of Parragon's range of Love Food cookbooks.