What a lovely coconut-flavoured meal!
- 8 oz (225g) brown rice
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 8 oz (225g) green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, broken into large florets
- 3/4 pint (425ml) hot vegetable stock
- 2 oz (55g) creamed coconut, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped
- Seasoning to taste
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Soak the rice in hot water for an hour, then drain. Put it into a saucepan with the prepared vegetables and most of the stock.
- Dissolve the coconut in the remaining stock and add it to the rice with the herbs and seasoning. Bring to the boil then cover the pan, lower the heat, and cook until the rice and vegetables are just cooked.
- Check that the mixture doesn't go dry. If it is necessary to add liquid only add the minimum, and when everything is cooked drain off any excess.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and serve at once.