This is a great dinner party option. Not only will it impress your friends, but if you have this ready to pop in the oven when your guests arrive, you'll have plenty of time for socialising as it cooks. Serves 4.
- 2 oz (55g) wild rice
- 4 large courgettes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 oz (55g) carrot, grated
- 1 1/2 oz (45g) cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Cut the courgettes in half lengthways. Remove the flesh, leaving about half a centimetre. Chop the flesh and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and add the onions and red pepper. Cook gently for about ten minutes until the onion is starting to brown. Add the garlic, chopped courgette flesh and carrots and cook for a further few minutes.
- Remove the pan and add cashew nuts, rice, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into the courgette shells.
- Cover and place on a baking tray. Cook for 25-30 minutes.