This gorgeous sauce is a great way to jazz up your veggies. For a variation you could also try adding some marinaded tofu or cashew nuts. Yum!
- 1 oz (30g) brown sugar
- 1 oz (30g) cornflour
- 3 tbsp (45ml) wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 leek, thickly sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 1/2 a cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 small head broccoli, broken into florets
- First make the sauce by placing the sugar, cornflour, vinegar, ginger, garlic, juice from tinned pineapple and tomato ketchup in a bowl. Mix well.
- Stir fry the onion, leek and pepper for a few minutes. Add the cauliflower and broccoli and stir-fry until all vegetables are just cooked.
- Add the sauce mixture and pineapples and cook until thick - a couple of minutes. Serve with boiled rice.