Flavour, texture, consistency … this is a dead ringer for the real thing!
- 4 tbsp soya milk
- ½ tsp grain mustard or mustard powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ clove garlic
- 7 fl oz (200 ml) vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
1. Blend together the soya milk, mustard, lemon juice, cider vinegar and ½ clove garlic.
2. Keep the blender running and add the oil gradually, in a thin stream. By the time you have added all the oil the mayonnaise should be thick.
3. Season to taste and keep in the fridge until needed. It will keep for a few days.
Based on a recipe in Vegan Feasts by Rose Elliot.