Work with us
Random fact alert: The Vegan Society is an anagram of The Nicest Voyage. Quite fitting, we think, as for many people veganism is a journey - and a pretty remarkable one at that. Regardless of where you are on your vegan journey, our staff are on hand to make it easier, healthier and more fun. And if you think you'd be great at helping others with this, read on, as this may be right up your street.
Who we're looking for
As individuals, we have a somewhat eclectic mix of skills, passions and idiosyncrasies...but it works. Probably because we all have one thing in common: we believe we’re onto something really special - so as long as you're as enthusiastic about veganism as we are, we'd love to hear from you. If you're looking for a challenge and can demonstrate that you have the required skills and enthusiasm, we welcome your prospective CVs and cover letters. Please send them all to recruitment[at]vegansociety[dot]com. Due to the volume of emails received we cannot acknowledge individual submissions, but if we have any relevant vacancies coming up we may contact you. Thank you.
Business Operations Manager
Reporting to: Head of Business Development
Contract: Full-time two-year contract, subject to satisfactory completion of six months’ probationary period, with possibility of extension
Salary: £24,472 – £27,123 depending on experience
Location: Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, UK
About the role
We are looking for a Business Operations Manager to lead on IT and process management and work primarily within the Business Development team, but also support the wider Vegan Society’s IT infrastructure. The role involves analysing business processes, gathering requirements, working with systems developers to ensure systems are designed, developed and implemented to meet users’ needs. In collaboration with the Senior Management Team a key aspect of the role will be to integrate financial, personnel and commercial processes and systems.
You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to analyse ‘as-is’ and design ‘to-be’ processes; gather requirements and user stories and produce relevant documentation. You will work with project managers, systems architects, developers and testers to ensure that user requirements are met, and Trademark commercial processes have been optimised and automated. You will also ensure that ongoing system and team support is available and you will manage IT suppliers. Given the size of the charity and limited budget available for redevelopment of systems, the post holder is expected to identify cost savings and consider creative cost-effective solutions.
The key skills and knowledge you will need for this role include:
• Excellent understanding of current IT trends and issues
• Advanced knowledge of mapping processes and managing process change
• A thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Proven experience of working on business process and system development projects, and experience of working with stakeholder and development teams to deliver requirements specifications and business cases
• Proven project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
• Excellent knowledge of business analysis processes and change management
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, and experience using other software packages (e.g. accounting, CRM, sales, and project management) highly desirable
• Affinity with the Vegan Trademark registration scheme, and the broader Vegan Society aims and objectives
This full-time (37.5h per week) role is initially for two years with the possibility of extension. Flexible working hours may be considered.
What we offer
• A fun and supportive team
• A solution-focused atmosphere and dedicated working environment
• Flexible working hours
• Employee Assistance Programme and health cash-back scheme
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• Animal companion compassionate leave
• 25 Days leave, 3 days between Christmas and New Year and Bank Holidays
• Office location in the sought-after Jewellery Quarter of Birmingham
Please email a letter of application and your latest cv to recruitment[at]vegansociety[dot]com (pdf or Word documents only, please). You must demonstrate evidence of recent relevant experience, identifying skills that will enable you to bring more efficient and effective process to the society’s work, especially in Trademark registration.
The application deadline is 5PM, 11 March 2016.
Would you like to promote veganism in your neighbourhood and local area?
Local Contact Volunteer
The Vegan Society is seeking Local and Group Contacts to represent the society across the UK. If you are enthusiastic, motivated and love meeting new people and encouraging new vegans, then please email us and let us know.
The Vegan Society would not be as successful as it is today without the help of hundreds of volunteers.
Our volunteers play a huge role in helping us achieve our aims. But it's not all about us, volunteering is great for you too. Amongst other things, volunteering helps boost your CV, gain relevant experience, builds your confidence and you get to meet new people. Sound good? Find out more about volunteering with The Vegan Society by emailing us.