The vegan version of the classic dessert that dates back to 1596!
- 500-750ml jelly, use recipe above
- 500-750ml custard, made with custard powder, soya milk and sugar
- Cake, use half of the Birthday Sponge Cake recipe
- Soyatoo packet vegan cream for whipping
- Banana or other fresh fruit, diced, optional
- Grated chocolate for decoration
1. Make jelly (adding fruit if desired) and allow to set firmly in bowl in fridge. A clear deep glass bowl allows all the layers to be seen.
2. In the meantime, make custard using instructions on tin. When cooked, allow to cool by placing saucepan in cold water in sink. Do not allow water into pan. Either keep stirring or place clingfilm over pan to prevent skin forming. When completely cool, spread over jelly.
3. Whip up cream and spread over custard layer. Fork into peaks. Sprinkle with grated chocolate for decoration. Stand in fridge for a couple of hours (or overnight) to set completely.