Looking for a fun, easy way to raise funds for us?
We're bursting with ideas to help you have fun, while helping us. Win-win situation? We'd say so! If you've coming looking for ideas, you're at the right place!
Here at The Vegan Society we love a bit of old fashioned good fun, we love getting together and having a giggle. Whatever you get up to in aid of us, make sure you post photos on our Facebook page, as we'd love to know what vegan-themed capers you've been up to. Whatever you decide to do in aid of us, start a JustGiving page to co-ordinate your fund-raising activities. It’s also a great way for your friends and family to show their support, and you can update them on your progress, thoughts and ideas using the site's many features.
- Work it! - donate a day's wage and ask your employer to match your donation. It'll make your day's work twice as worth while, and you feel doubly good.
- Action! - hold a vegan movie night with popcorn & snacks and charge for tickets, a good movie is something everyone loves! You could screen a vegan-themed film like Vegucated.
- Relax - offer your friends and family vegan manicures, facials and pedicures, all in their own home for a fee. Freshly polished nails are something no girl can resist, and there are so many great vegan brands out there to make your nails sparkle!
- Throw some tofu on the barbie! - host an all vegan BBQ in the summer, charge a ‘buffet price’ and have fun in the Sun enjoying tasty vegan delights. You could even offer a vegan ice cream bar if you're feeling extra generous and your guests need cooling down.
- Office Eco-Day - dress green and do good vegan deeds throughout the day. Have an all-vegan lunch, vegan tea break, swap non-vegan items such as handwash and toiletries for ethical ones. It’s a fun way to educate people and they’ll likely enjoy the changes! Remember to be sponsored for all the activities you carry out.
- Give it up! - be sponsored to forgo something. Give up speaking for a day, computer games for a week, vegan chocolate for a month, or give up desserts for the whole of summer! Donate the money you save or raise to The Vegan Society.
- Pancake race - Hold your own vegan pancake race and challenge your friends and family. Make sure you make extra pancake batter though, as we're sure your pancake runners will require immediate refueling.
- Plant sale - Do you grow a ton of veg? For those with green fingers, sell your produce at a plant sale, and share those green tips while you're at it.
- Teddy bears’ picnic - Here' one for the smallest vegans. Organise a teddy bears’ vegan picnic and invite friends and family too! Your children will love it and it’s a great way to show your family and friends how tasty vegan food is. Charge people to come along.
- Around the world at one table - Get together with friends and prepare different vegan dishes from around the world. Ask them to donate at the door - and if they feel you've been a good host, ask them to tip you on their way out!