Do you have questions about becoming a member? We are here to help!
We are the world's first vegan registered charity, founded in 1944. We have since grown and are currently one of the leading vegan organisations in the world. As a registered charity we rely on our members support, so are incredibly grateful to those who help fund our work.
Membership is not exclusive to vegans. Everyone is welcome! We are here to support, advise and guide anyone who is looking to pursue a vegan lifestyle. Join us for help to become vegan, or to find out why veganism is kind to animals, your health, and our planet.
We have several vegan membership options designed to suit your preferences and budget.
- Standard membership with the option to pay monthly from £2 or annually from £24.
- Youth membership is only £12 for anyone under the age of 26 for 12 months. An affordable way to get to know us!
- Additional membership can be included for just 75p a month, for those living at the same address of the primary membership, including families and friends. This can be added during sign up.
- Gift Membership can be purchased as a gift for someone that you think would enjoy being part of The Vegan Society. Gifts can be customised for vegans and non-vegans, and we will offer support wherever they are on their vegan journey.
- Life membership is a great option if you want to show your commitment and keep things simple. This starts at £350 with discounts available for those aged 65 and over. Just choose this option when you go through your membership application.
As well as offering 1/3rd off Life Membership to members over 65, we also offer concession fees if your income is less than £20,383.
Discover the benefits of becoming a member of The Vegan Society. Everyone who joins will receive the following:
- Membership card
- Savings with access to over 100 discounts on a variety of vegan brands, food, vegan products, cafes, fitness, clothing, beauty products and much more! This includes a discount code for 15% off at The Body Shop, 10% off at Holland & Barrett. Members will also automatically receive a 10% discount to save money on our nutritional supplement VEG 1.
- Our quarterly magazine, The Vegan, which combines journalism, interviews, recipes and more with exclusive insights into Vegan Society latest news.
- Exclusive access to our in-house vegan dietitians via the Nutrition Hub. There you will find plenty of useful advice and guidance on vegan food and plant-based recipes.
- Instant access to the Members' Area of our website.
- An opportunity to shape the future of The Vegan Society at the Annual General Meeting by having your say.
- Our monthly members’ newsletter with exclusive content, competitions, and blogs.
- Join a community of members who support the work of The Vegan Society.
If you selected our paper-based membership option, you will also receive a welcome pack which includes:
- The latest printed edition of The Vegan magazine
- Vegan recipe cards
- Information leaflets
Your money will go towards a variety of areas within the charity to assist with our mission to make veganism mainstream. We work across different areas to promote the vegan lifestyle. Find out more on how you can make a difference as a member.
You can pay for your membership using a credit or debit card. If you live in the UK, you can set up a Direct Debit.
This is our most popular payment method, and it helps The Vegan Society keep administration costs down. Through the Direct Debit Guarantee, you are protected and have the right to cancel payments whenever you wish. You can choose to pay monthly or annually.
Credit or debit card
We use PayPal to take card payments. You will be directed to their website where you should select the option to pay by card. You do not need a PayPal login to do this. * We accept all major cards* and do not keep any card details on record.
*Please note that this may change depending on which country you are purchasing from.
We aim to dispatch cards and welcome packs within five working days. If you live outside the UK, please allow up to 15 working days. If you have not received your card or welcome pack outside these time periods, please email [email protected] or ring 0121 523 1730 and select option 5.
If your question was not answered here, then please contact us by emailing membership[at]vegansociety[dot]com where a member of the team will be happy to assist you further.
You can join today by completing our quick and simple online form. As a registered charity we rely on our members, and we are so grateful to everyone who supports us. For just £2 a month, your membership will go towards helping us to spread the word of veganism and create a world where animals are free to exist in their own right..