The Research Advisory Committee
Encouraging collaboration between The Vegan Society as a community of practice and academia:
The Research Advisory Committee (RAC) supports staff and trustees of The Vegan Society by conducting and sharing academic and other research relevant to veganism. Committee members give advice, recommend references and speak on behalf of The Vegan Society at external events and in the media.
The RAC helps The Vegan Society to:
- link up with universities and research networks
- develop study of all angles on the benefits of veganism
- pursue joint funding opportunities for research or outreach
- influence student research projects on specific areas of interest
- research support for political advocacy and media work
And The Vegan Society supports the RAC to:
- reach media and policy audiences more effectively
- foster cross-disciplinary collaboration e.g. environment and health
- improve networking with other researchers in the same discipline
- be involved in public engagement and understanding
- assist with funding opportunities for research or outreach
- find out more about who is 'becoming vegan'
The Research Advisory Committee is co-ordinated by Research Officer, Dr Lorna Brocksopp and our Chair, Dr Richard Twine. If you would like more information about becoming a member of the Committee, please contact Lorna with a brief biography and your research expertise/interests.
Meet our Research Advisory Committee
Lecturer in Political Theory, University of Leicester
Senior Lecturer in Psychology, University of Kent
Lecturer of Sociology. School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research (SSPSSR), University of Kent.
Wrexham Glyndwr University
Senior lecturer in Criminology at the University of Huddersfield
Associate Lecturer in Political Philosophy, Department of Politics, University of York.
Course leader for BA (Hons) Human Geography, Sheffield Hallam University
Lecturer in Digital Culture, University of Leeds