Please find below a selection of statistics about The Vegan Society’s Vegan Trademark.
General Trademark Statistics
- The Vegan Trademark was introduced in 1990 to help businesses showcase their products meeting the authentic international vegan standard set by The Vegan Society. Today, over 65,000 products from more than 2,500 companies are registered globally, including 30,000 cosmetics and toiletries, and 18,000 food and drink items.
- In 2021 alone, The Vegan Society registered an impressive 16,439 products with The Vegan Trademark. Over 82% of our product registrations have come in the last five years.
- The Vegan Trademark is present in 85+ countries around the world, with over 50% of products registered coming from companies based outside of the UK.
- The Vegan Trademark is the most trusted and recognised vegan label.
- Products made by companies such as Flora, Alpro, Asda, Aldi, LUSH, Mars, Costa, New Look, Wagamamas and Burger King carry the Vegan Trademark.
- Client satisfaction for the Vegan Trademark is impressively high, with a 91% recommendation rate and an overall experience ranking of 84/100.
- 86% of Vegan Trademark holders chose to work with us because of our high Brand Awareness
- The rise of veganism publicity has gone hand in hand with the Vegan Trademark, with 82% of brands having registered in the last five years.
- A 2021 survey found that over 85% of vegans believe that third-party certification is important to them, since there is no legal definition of vegan in product labelling.