A beautifully tangy cake, perfect with a cup of tea. It's time to put your feet up...
- 8 oz (225g) self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz (115g) sugar
- 1 oz (30g) soya flour
- 8 tbsp soya milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 oz (115g) margarine, melted
- 1 heaped tbsp marmalade
- 8 oz (225g) mixed fruit
- 2 oz (55g) glace cherries, halved
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F/gas mark 2.
- Mix together the flour, spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar and soya flour.
- Beat in the soya milk, vanilla essence, melted margarine and marmalade. Stir in the mixed fruit and glace cherries.
- Place in a greased and floured 7 inch round cake tin and bake for 1 1/2-2 hours in the pre-heated oven.