Chocolate fridge cake is ideal if you're hosting a kids' party (be sure to make enough for the grown-ups too!)
- 1 oz (30g) margarine
- 1 rounded dssp golden syrup
- 2 fl oz (60ml) soya milk
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) plain chocolate
- 3 oz (85g) digestive biscuits, broken up
- 1 oz (30g) raisins
- 1 oz (30g) dates, chopped
- Heat the margarine, golden syrup, soya milk and chocolate in a double saucepan. Continue until the chocolate and margarine have melted.
- Add the biscuits, raisins and dates, and mix well.
- Place in a small greased tray and place in the fridge to set for three hours.
Chocolate Pecan Fridge Cake
Replace 1 oz (30g) of the biscuits with pecans. Use another 1 oz (30g) of pecans to decorate the top of the cake.
Chocolate Orange Fridge Cake
Take 1/2 tsp of finely grated orange peel (use an organic or unwaxed orange) and add it at the same time as the biscuits, raisins and dates.