Okay, this does sound a bit weird if you've never tried it but trust us, it's gorgeous. Perfect served on warm toast or try it with some veggie sausages, hash browns, tomatoes and beans for a twist on the classic Full English. Yum!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1lb (450g) tofu, extra firm, crumbled small
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp shoyu, or to taste
- Put oil in a large saute pan on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onions are soft, approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tofu and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Indian - add 1/2 tsp curry and 1/2 tsp cumin powder.
Mexican - add 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp jalapeno, deseeded and chopped, and 1/2 tsp cumin powder.
Italian - add 1 tsp chopped fresh basil, 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley and 1/2 tsp oregano.
Thanks to Blossoming Lotus Restaurant (www.veganfusion.com) for this recipe.