Time to spice up your holidays with a little vegan eggnog. This thick and creamy homemade drink will have you wishing it was Christmas every day of the year! Serves 6.
- 3/4 cup (113g) cashews (soaked and drained for 30 minutes)
- 6 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) of water
- Optional: 2-3 shots of rum
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute
- Serve and enjoy, or seal in airtight mason jars in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Laura Marquis is the author of Sweets in the Raw, a dessert cookbook focused on delicious treats that are sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free.