Part of the human diet since the Stone Age and one of the first crops to be domesticated, the variety of lentil-based dishes available today is staggering. Like this delicious lentil soup.
- 1/4 cup (50g) dried red lentils
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup (280ml) soya milk
- 1 1/4 cup (280ml) vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- A little seasoning - depending on age
- Place all ingredients in a pan and simmer for 45 mins. Allow to cool a little, then blend.
Also good for for babies aged 10+ months.