Okay, so we've established that vegan cuisine is so much more than rabbit food, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy salads now and again too.
- 3 oz (85g) red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium apple, grated
- 1 handful of flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vegan cider vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Shred the cabbage as finely as possible and grate the apple.
- Toast the flaked almonds in an un-greased pan over a very high heat. Make sure that they do not stick by stirring them with a wooden spoon.
- As soon as they are browned add them to the cabbage and apple, along with the other ingredients. Toss and serve immediately.