It’s the spookiest time of the year but finding Halloween treats should be a fright-free experience, so we’ve put together a list of vegan products you might want to try this season.
Whether you go all out with costume parties and trick-or-treating, you love a scary movie night, or maybe you just like a pumpkin spice candle to embrace the autumn cosiness, look for the Vegan Trademark to make animal-free shopping a breeze!
Halloween parties and scary movie nights
If jump-scares, themed cocktails and decadent vegan snacks are more your speed, check out this list!
- Indulgent and seasonal, Joe & Seph’s Vegan Toffee Apple & Cinnamon Gourmet Popcorn is a movie night treat perfect for this time of year. Winner of a Great Taste Award, we wouldn’t blame you if you hid this one from the party!
- Another great popcorn option is Asda’s own range of Salted, Sweet and Sweet & Salted Popcorn - all registered vegan.
- Check out One Planet Pizza’s new Thin & Crispy range for your party or movie night food this Halloween. Vegan, tasty, and even with a pineapple option, you’re sure to find something for everyone. Find a stockist near you or order direct.
- For the perfect nibble food, pick up some Sweet Chilli and Pumpkin Falafels from Aldi for your seasonal gatherings.
- For gin lovers, try Tappers Falling Leaves Spiced Autumn Gin, made with a hedgerow harvest of botanicals and served perfectly with an aromatic tonic and blackberries to garnish.
Swap scares for self-care
Don’t miss out on the fun, even if you want to dial it back.
- Swap out your favourite bath bomb for a seasonal Punkin Pumpkin Bath Bomb, Bat Art Bath Bomb, or Ghost in the Dark Soap from Lush.
- The Body Shop is making a good old pamper evening oh so easy with their sweet, warm scented Vanilla Pumpkin range. Embrace all the cosy vibes with the Bath Bomb, Whipped Body Butter and Hand Cream. Available for a limited time at selected stores and online.
- Kaamos Cosmetics have created a range of Corpse Paint Masks using ingredients like green tea and rice bran to make your skincare organic and vegan, but more metal! With an emphasis on the lowest environmental impact possible, the only scary thing about this skincare, is, well, see for yourself…
- Warm up your evenings with the Langtree Botanicals Hallows Candle, luxuriously spiced with benzoin (which smells like vanilla!), cinnamon, clove, cardamom, ginger and black pepper.
- Vivien Kondor’s Vegan Nail Polish range has some frightfully good shades for Halloween – check out their Black, Blood Red, and Red Black.
- Aptly named, 'Halloween' Seren London Vegan Nail Polish have you covered for that perfect orange/red shade to go pumpkin picking.
- Finally, don’t forget an indulgent treat just for yourself! Choc Affair’s Blood Orange Gin Dark Chocolate Bar is a unique and fruity pairing that is one to remember.
Sweets and Chocolates
No Halloween list is complete without it - check out this list of vegan treats registered with The Vegan Trademark, no tricks here!
- Perfect for trick-or-treating, a party table, or just for your snack cupboard, Galaxy’s Vegan Smooth Orange Sharing Pack, is a limited-edition multipack of nine mini bars for autumn/winter 2021. Available at Superdrug now or at Asda from 25th October.
- Sweeten up with Free From Fellows’ sugar-free sweets! Vegan versions of classics like gummy bears, cola bottles, pear drops, rhubarb & custard, midget gems and lollipops mean no one misses out.
- A seasonal twist on a vegan classic, Ananda’s Blackcurrant Halloween Round Up filled with seriously tangy blackcurrant jam and now fully coated in Belgian chocolate! Find your nearest stockist or shop online.
- Grab Asda’s Free From Creepy Coins or Trick or Treat Goody Bag from your local! Perfect for trick-or-treating, they’re widely accessible at Asda stores across the UK.
We hope you’ve found this selection useful, whether planning a long overdue Halloween party or stocking up on cosy seasonal treats. With now over 55,000 products registered with the Vegan Trademark, we are committed to continuing to make shopping simpler and more accessible for anyone wanting to be vegan. Make sure to tag @vegantrademark on Instagram and Twitter when you spot us out and about, and keep checking in for more exciting seasonal content over the next few months.
By Vegan Society Marketing Assistant, Charis Collier.
The views expressed by our bloggers are not necessarily the views of The Vegan Society.