- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chilli
- 2 medium leek, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small glass orange juice
- 2 x 14 oz (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 12 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 lb (450g) pre-cooked chick peas
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- Generous handful chopped coriander
- Heat the oil then add the seeds and chilli. When the seeds start to emit their distinctive odour, add the leek and garlic. Saute for a few minutes.
- Pour in the orange juice and allow to cook for a few seconds or more until some of it has evaporated.
- Add the tomatoes along with the apricots, chick peas, bay leaf and salt to taste. Bring to the boil then turn down and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the chilli and bay leaf then stir in the coriander. Serve with rice or cous-cous