Overnight Oats is a great recipe to make the night before, as it’s a healthy breakfast to just grab and eat straight away in the morning. Try using this as a base recipe and adding different fruits, seeds, spices and nuts to find your favourite topping!
- 2 apples, grated or blended in the chopper attachment of a hand-blender/food processor
- 1 cup of rolled oats or porridge oats
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A few blackberries or other berries.
- Mix the apple puree into oats very well.
- Add the cinnamon and pour into a bowl or cup.
- Top with berries.
- Store it in the fridge overnight.
- The oats will be soft and ready to eat in the morning.
Approximate cost* per portion: 41p
Recipe credit to Chef Day Radley at The Vegan Chef School.
*Approximate cost calculated using average prices from three main supermarket retailers in the UK. Price data accurate as of April 2020.