Because you never know when those pesky cupcake cravings will hit, you can knock up a batch of these in no time! You're welcome.
- 8 fl oz (230ml) soya milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 5 oz (140g) caster sugar
- 3 fl oz (90ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz (125g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 oz (45g) cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C/gas mark 4 and line muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk together soya milk and vinegar in a large bowl and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add sugar, oil and vanilla extract and beat until foamy.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain (a few tiny lumps are okay).
- Pour into liners, filling three quarters of the way. Bake 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer to cooling rack. Eat while still warm or allow to cool completely and ice with chocolate 'buttercream'.
From Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World by I C Moskowitz & T H Romero (www.theppk.com) with thanks.