Just like its dairy counterpart, this vegan version is low fat and high in protein and calcium... but tastes so much better! Serves 2-3.
- 1 cup (8 oz / 225g) firm tofu, mashed or crumbled
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3/4 tsp dried chives
- Pinch of dill weed
- 1/8 - 2/8 cup (1 1/2 oz / 45g) silken tofu
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vinegar
- 3/4 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the firm tofu, parsley, chives and dill weed and place mixture to one side.
- Using a blender, blend the silken tofu, oil, vinegar and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Pour onto mashed tofu mixture and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve on lettuce or tomato.
- Can double as a sandwich spread.