Chilli con carne generates six times as much CO2e as tomato pasta.
From BBC Goodfood
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons vegetable stock powder or 2 crumbled stock cubes
- 4 tablespoons tomato purée
- 4 teaspoons sugar few basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic, then gently fry for 1 min.
- Tip in all the other ingredients, except the basil, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, then simmer uncovered for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- To finish, tear the basil leaves, then stir into the sauce.