An individual pork pie generates 2.3 times more CO2e than sweet potato soup.
From Love Food
- 1 1/3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 onion, diced
- 3/4 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 tablespoon vegan Thai red curry paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 440 grams sweet potatoes, diced
- 267 millilitres canned reduced-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 litre vegan stock
- juice of 3/4 lime
- 20 gram finely chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- In a large, heavy-based saucepan, heat the oil over a medium–high heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the curry paste and salt and cook, stirring, for a further minute or so. Add the sweet potatoes, coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Purée the soup, either in batches in a blender or food processor or using a hand-held blender. Return the soup to the heat and bring back up to a simmer. Just before serving, stir in the lime juice.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander.
Recipe from Vegan: 100 Everyday Recipes, part of Parragon's range of Love Food cookbooks.