Ideal for a quick, family supper - even the kids will love this one. Serves 4.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 2 large open mushroom, sliced
- 2.5cm (1 inch) cube fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 fl oz (125ml) soya cream
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Handful cashew nuts
- In a pan over a medium heat saute the leeks in the vegetable oil. After a few minutes add the mushroom, ginger and garlic. Cook for a further few minutes then pour in the soya cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and allow to simmer gently. Meanwhile cook the pasta.
- Once pasta and sauce is ready, pour the sauce into the pan of drained pasta, add the parsley and cashew nuts, then mix well. Serve immediately.