Steak and chips generates 6.8 times more CO2e than Sweet potato burger.
Our Vegan Trademark holders and greenest football club in the world, Forest Green Rovers, have created this deliciously green meal - perfect for a quick and easy dinner.
- one medium sweet potato
- half a diced onion
- half a crushed garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon plain white our
- 3 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
Optional binding agent
2 teaspoons ground golden linseeds mixed with 3 teaspoons cold water to form an egg like consistency.
- Wash your sweet potato and bake in a preheated oven for 40mins at 150 degrees or until soft.
- Lightly fry the chopped onion in a little olive oil for two minutes, add the garlic, cumin and coriander and continue to cook for a further five minutes.
- Peel your baked sweet potato and mash with a fork to a rough puree. Mix in the our, bread crumbs and a pinch of salt & pepper. Then add the binding agent (this bit is optional).
- Halve your mixture and form each half into a burger.
- Shallow fry on a low to medium heat until golden on each side and hot in the middle.
- Serve it in a bun with lettuce and chutney or, if you are feeling healthy, just eat it with a dressed salad.