This is what our members helped us to achieve last year:
- The Vegan Society was mentioned 5503 times in the press.
- Our press releases were covered by over 350 different media outlets, and we completed over 100 broadcast interviews.
- Our website continues to be a reliable resource to hep people go vegan and stay vegan, with 1.7 million users.
- Our digital billboards and advertising campaigns for Vegan & Thriving, Plate Up for the Planet and Future Normal campaigns has over 11m views.
- We now have a team for 15 Community Organisers and 245 Community Advocates who are campaigning on our behalf in their local areas.
- We awarded 7000 of grant funding to individual outreach projects overseas.
- We launched our Education Network which will further out existing work campaigning for vegan inclusive education.
- We provided expert support in 512 cases relating to vegan rights, including that of Fiji Willets and Paul Roberts.
- Our dietitians responses to 733 emails, phone calls and letters in relation to queries from members, the public, caterers, health and nutrition professionals, and prisoners, helping people to stay vegan and thriving.
- We continued to campaign and raise key issues with UK politicians, including through MPs in Parliament and responding to Government consultations on a range of relevant topics.
- The Vegan Society was an official delegate at the COP26 international climate summit, which we attended to raise awareness of the link between animal agriculture and climate crisis.
- Continuous dialogue with the Scottish government successfully led to the provision of plant milk in the new Healthy Milk and Snack scheme.
You can join today by completing our quick and simple online form. As a registered charity we rely on our members, and we are so grateful to everyone who supports us. For just £2 a month, your membership will go towards helping us to spread the word of veganism and create a world where animals are free to exist in their own right..