- 6 eating apples
- ¾ cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Peel and core the apples. Slice the peeled apples into very thin slivers
- Add the sliced apples, apple juice and cinnamon to a saucepan.
- Gently boil the apples for 6-8 minutes by which time they should be tender but not mushy.
- Drain the apples and spread them out on your crumble dish.
- Scatter the raspberries over the apples and set aside.
- To make the crumble topping place the oats, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla in a blender and pulse until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Spread your crumble mixture evenly over the fruit layer.
- Place the crumble in a preheated oven at 170 C for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving (if you can wait that long!)
From The Goodfood Goddess
Crème brûlée generates 1.2 times more CO2e than apple and raspberry crumble, and buttery fruit crumble generates 1.4 times more CO2e .