Cooking Level: Easy-Medium
Time: 80 minutes
For the pastry:
- 125g Plain flour
- 50g Plant based butter
- 2 tbsp Plant based milk
- Pinch of salt
- (Or 250g ready rolled short crust pastry)
For the filling:
- 240g Crackd The No-Egg Egg
- 180g spinach lightly chopped
- 100g Plant based double cream
- 100g Vegan grated cheeze (we used Applewood)
- 60g cooked broad beans (skin removed)
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon.
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- To make the pastry sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add the butter and rub together with your fingertips until you get a breadcrumb like texture.
- Add the milk a little at a time and bring the ingredients together into a dough.
- Cover and rest in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm flan tin with the pastry, return to the fridge for a further 30-45 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill with the baking beans before placing into a pre-heated oven at 190°C.
- Bake for 15 minutes before removing the baking beans and greaseproof paper, set the pastry case to one side and reduce the oven temperature to 140°C.
- Place the spinach in a dry pan with a lid on and gently heat until the spinach has wilted (approximately 5 minutes), drain off all excess water and place on a couple of sheets of kitchen paper to absorb as much moisture as possible.
- Beat together the Crackd The No– Egg Egg, plant based cream, 70 grams of the cheese, cornflour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth.
- Add the spinach, broad beans and tarragon to the Crackd mixture and stir together until evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Place the quiche on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 45 minutes until set and golden.
Recipe by Crackd.