This one is so easy you'll wonder how you didn't think of it sooner. Great for parties, even the pickiest of guests will be clamouring for more.
- Vegan melting mozzarella e.g. V-Bites
- 3-4 mushrooms
- 13oz (375g) ready rolled vegan-puff pastry
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato salsa
- Freshly ground pepper
- Dairy-free pesto
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C/gas mark 7.
- Slice mozzarella and mushrooms thinly.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 8-cm squares and place on a baking tray.
- Mix tomato purree with salsa and 5-6 tablespoons of water to a smooth sauce.
- Spread each pastry square with a little tomato sauce, leaving a narrow edge all around. Top with a slice of 'cheese' and a slice of mushroom. Season with pepper to taste. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until pastry is well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with a little pesto sauce. They are delicious hot or cold.
- Homemade pesto is a real delight and very easy to make if you have a blender. Place 3/4 oz (20g) basil leaves, 1 tsp pine nuts, 1/2 clove of garlic and a pinch of salt in a blender. Add enough olive oil to whiz to a smooth paste.
Any left over will keep in fridge for a few days.