Serves four, easily freezable.
- 1/2 broccoli head (or 1/4 broccoli, 1/4 cauliflower)
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 250g firm tofu
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 3 tsp tomato puree
- 1 stock cube in 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tsp tumeric and/or 2 tsp curry powder
Press the Tofu for at least 15 minutes, cut into cubes and fry until brown and crisp on all sides.
- Cut and fry the onion until browning in a saucepan.
- Add the tumeric and curry powder to the saucepan and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Cut and add all other vegetables. (Add anything else here that you want to use)
- Add the coconut milk, tomato puree and stock in water.
- Add the tofu and cook until ready till each (at least until all vegetables are cooked).
Recipe by Vegan Society volunteer, Sophie Whitbread.
Since you're here...
...please join us as a member and support the vegan movement from just £2 a month. Since 1944, our members have been integral to supporting us as we spread the vegan message, help vulnerable vegans in need and work with institutions and governments to turn the world vegan. As a reward, you'll receive over 120 vegan-friendly discounts, The Vegan quarterly magazine, access to a community of vegans and much more.