- Can of supermarket value chopped tomatoes
- Can of supermarket value kidney beans
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp of garlic powder/3 cloves
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- Vegan mince (optional: often on 2 for £3 at supermarkets)
- Any other veg (optional: leftover mushrooms and sweetcorn work).
- Fry the onion in some oil for a few minutes, adding the chilli powder and garlic. Add the tomatoes and keep it at a medium-high heat until the tomatoes reduce.
- At this point you can add optional spices such as more garlic and chilli to taste, as well as smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Any additional veg should be added now too, as well as the optional mince.
- Cook for a further five minutes before adding the kidney beans. Mashing the kidney beans before adding them allows them to soak up more of the mixture.
- Serve on top of rice or tortilla chips, or with tacos or tortillas. You can also choose to add condiments, such as salsa, vegan cheese, guacamole and vegan sour cream (or use Alpro natural yoghurt).